Why I'm an Automotive Business Coach?
I got frustrated watching motivated skilled technicians who are now shop owners go out of business when with a bit of business training they could have been very successful. If you could afford $50,000 to get help, you wouldn’t need help. I believe that short periods of learning can often solve most management issues in a business. I want to make management education affordable for every shop that wants it.
Why am I different to other consultants/coachs?
- I am not God's gift to the automotive industry.
- I WILL NOT tell you to raise your labor rate. Then act like I am some sort of magical superhero. I may help you learn financial information about your business that could lead you towards choosing to make an increase to your hourly labor rate. Any choices to change your business are yours to make.
- You pay for my ideas, my experience, and my knowledge. Once I give them to you. What you do with the information I share is up to you. I will not try to coerce you into doing something you do not want to do. This YOUR BUSINESS, not mine.
- I sell my services in blocks of time. My agreement says it can be canceled with a 30-day notice. If you have not used all the hours that you have paid for and cancel me. I will send you a pro-rated refund. I only ask that if you cancel me, tell me why. You don't even have to be polite. Just tell me why.
- I only want to work in Arizona.
- My client list will remain small. I want to help people in Arizona. I do not want to work myself to death. If I am too busy, too tired, or too distracted, how am I going to help you to find the comfort, order, and success you need to reach the future you want?
- I am not the rah-rah cheerleader dude. if you need the rah-rah cheerleader type dude let me know. I'll help you find one, there a lot of them. As my friend said, “Oh sweet… You are gonna become the Gordon Ramsey, of Automotive Coaching, we should make a tv show.” He was not completely incorrect.
- I have a phone…. I do not have a business phone AND another personal phone. You need me, call me. If you call me at 1:00 in the morning it better be important.
- I am willing to spend actual time in your shop, talking with you, talking with your people, watching the shop, and asking many questions. There is no one size fits all plan.
- I will explore your fixed and variable expenses, sources of income, profitability, break-even point, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and goals with you. Once we are clear on the current situation and your goals, we can then set a path to get to where you want to be.
- Most of you don't need or want someone to call you every week for an hour and talk about how you should do something better. That service is available. I believe you know when you have an issue and want help. Call me then. I’ll be here. We will figure the drama out together.